You will need a valid Waterloo Public Library card to book a public computer.
Reservations can be made up to one day in advance from any WPL location, from home, work or school – anytime and from anywhere that you have Internet access.
Click here to book a computer now.
Laser printing is available at all WPL locations.
- $0.15 per page (black and white)
- $0.50 per page (colour)
We also offer flash drives for purchase. Contact the Information Desk for details.
Programs Available on the Public Computers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- Snipping Tool
Other Computer Information
For more information about booking a computer at your favourite WPL location, contact us at email@example.com or 519-886-1310:
- Main Library – Information Desk (Adult) ext. 124
- Main Library – Children’s Department ext. 129
- McCormick Branch ext. 213
- John M. Harper Branch ext. 310
- Customers will be provided with alcohol swabs to clean their computer screen, keyboard and mouse after use
- Washrooms are available
- Food is NOT allowed at the computer stations or WiFi/Study seats
- Drinks with lids are allowed
- Laptops and iPads will not be available for borrowing
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building
- In accordance with both the Province of Ontario's Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 Regulation 364/20 and the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library, unless exemptions apply.
- Respect physical distancing and stay 6 feet apart
Before entering the library please ask yourself:
- Are you unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, new cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 diagnosis?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these, do NOT enter the library.
*Mask wearing regulations can be found at the links below:
- Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 Regulation 364/20
- The Regional Municipality of Waterloo Face Covering By-law No. 20-035 & Amendment
Learn more about Wireless Access @ WPL.
View WPL's Internet and Computer Use Policy.