Public computer workstations and WiFi/study seats can be reserved in advance and are also available to reserve to walk-in customers on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that computer and WiFi/study seats MUST be reserved.
Computers can be reserved for 1 hour slots with a maximum of 2 hours per day at all locations. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
Main Library - WiFi/study seats can be reserved for one 2-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
John M. Harper Branch - WiFi/study seats can be reserved for one 2-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
McCormick Branch - WiFi/study seats can be reserved for one 1-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
In accordance with both the Province of Ontario and Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks MUST be worn while inside the library*.
*Unless exemptions apply.
Mask wearing regulations can be found at the links below:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- Snipping Tool
- Customers will be provided with alcohol swabs to clean their computer screen, keyboard and mouse after use
- Washrooms are available
- Food is NOT allowed at the computer stations or WiFi/Study seats
- Drinks with lids are allowed
- Laptops and iPads will not be available for borrowing
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building
- In accordance with both the Province of Ontario's Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 Regulation 364/20 and the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library, unless exemptions apply.
- Respect physical distancing and stay 6 feet apart
Before entering the library please ask yourself:
- Are you unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, new cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 diagnosis?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these, do NOT enter the library.
Learn more about Wireless Access @ WPL.
View WPL's Internet and Computer Use Policy.