WiFi & Printing
All WPL locations provide FREE WiFi, wireless printing, internet hotspots and photocopiers. Public computer access and WiFi seats are currently available by appointment only. Click here to book a computer workstation or WiFi seat.
Click here to learn what you can expect on your next visit to your favourite WPL location.
WiFi (Wireless Internet Access)
To log on to the network with your wireless device, just follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your wireless device
- Enable your wireless adaptor
- Select SSID/network “WPLMAIN” or “WPLMCC”
- Start your browser
- Accept the Waterloo Public Library Acceptable Use Policy
Once you accept the conditions for accessing the Internet at WPL, you will be taken to our homepage. View our
Borrow the Internet
Hotspots are great for connecting to the internet anywhere you need it.
- Borrow a hotspot for 2 weeks at a time; 1 hotspot per library membership
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older
- Holds are allowed
- Renewals are not available
- Pickup and return hotspots at any WPL location
- Return the hotspots directly to staff.
If you have questions about the Hotspots, ask staff or phone 519-886-1310.
You can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the Library’s printers. Fees for printing have temporarily been waived.
- Verify your machine is up-to-date and that Java is installed & up-to-date
- Each print job will expire at the end of the day that it is submitted
- You will be required to create a User ID to identify your job. This ID allows you to access your job at the Print Release Station.
NOTE: Linux and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time.
Download the LPT:One Print Client
Installing via Internet Explorer
- Click Run to run the installer (clientlauncher.exe) from its current location. Internet Explorer displays a Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Run. The system installs the LPT: One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar.
Installing via Firefox
- Click Save File. The Installer (clientlauncher.exe) is shown in the Downloads Manager.
- Click Open to run the installer. Firefox displays the Open Executable File? Dialog box.
- Click OK. The system installs the LPT:One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar
Closing the LPT:One Print Client
- Open the LPT:One Print Client by clicking on the button in the taskbar.
- Click Stop Print Client.
The LPT:One Print Client closes, and restores your previous default printer. When you shutdown or log off your computer, the LPT:One Print Client will automatically close.Step-by-step Instructions for Wireless Printing
Photocopiers are available at all WPL locations and currently are free of charge.