Waterloo Public Library is happy to announce that we are now using the Stocard app. Stocard is a free wallet app found in the App Store and the Google Play Store.
1. What is Stocard? It is a free mobile wallet app that holds your cards in a digital format on your smartphone. You can scan loyalty cards or other company cards from a list of companies and organizations in the app. WPL is one of them!
2. How do I use Stocard? Simply download the free Stocard app to your smartphone, search for Waterloo Public Library in the list of companies/organizations, and add your WPL card's barcode to it. The barcode can then be scanned at our check outs. NOTE: If you previously downloaded the Stocard app, you will need to update as WPL was added in the latest version.
3. What is the benefit of using Stocard? Stocard allows you to use the library’s resources without having to present your physical library card. All you need is your smartphone.
4. Is there a fee for using Stocard? No, the app is free to download and to use.
5. Where does the app work in the library? At all self-checkout machines as well as at the scanners used by staff at the public desks.
Try downloading the free Stocard app today. If you need assistance or have questions, just ask us.